COACHING: ZOOM TIPS
Your Zoom Setup
We will be coaching you over Zoom. For the actual filming of your scenes, we can record you over Zoom (laptop or mobile), or you can film yourself with your phone/camera.
For our coaching (and possible filming) over Zoom, please read the following tips and directions.
1. If we are only rehearsing scenes, we can work over Zoom .
2. If we are filming your scenes, select which device you want to use for recording. Which camera + mic combination is best out of your options? Your smartphone? Built-in laptop camera? External webcam?
For all options, we will be your reader over Zoom. Make sure that all devices you choose to use can be raised to eye-level, using stands/tripods/stacked books, etc.
3. Make sure you are well-lit with sufficient direct light. Make sure your wi-fi connection is stable.
4. Make sure you have Zoom downloaded and updated. Here is a link to download Zoom.
More tips to optimize your setup:
- For camera framing, put your device at eye level for a standing or sitting scene. Use tripods, books, etc.
- For background, use a blank wall without clutter or a backdrop.
- For sound, test if your speakers are strong or use an external mic connected to your device.
- For lights, use a ring light or a two light source (position each light on both sides of the camera).
- For eyelines of scene partners, you will be reading directly with the coach on Zoom and we will adjust your eyelines. Note: Create multiple eyelines for multiple characters in the scene.
- If we are filming on your phone, please charge it before the session. During the session, put your phone on airplane mode. Otherwise, it may interrupt filming if you get a call or the battery runs low.
- *Yes, you can have the coach/reader on a laptop while filming on your cell phone. Just position the laptop as close to the cell phone as possible. Be sure that the camera lenses of both your computer and your cell phone are basically at the same eye level.
If we record you over Zoom, we will be “pinning” each other. Please remind us to show you how to do this.
See you soon!
MORE AUDITION TIPS